• VIL customers experience highest Download Speeds in 32 cities including Metros• Top Upload Speeds across 29 cities including Metros• VIL records highest improvement in video experience; Tops in 24 cities across, No. 2 in 16• VIL ranks No.1 in 4G voice app experience Meerut : As per the latest biannual mobile network experience report
• VIL customers experience highest Download Speeds in 32 cities including Metros
• Top Upload Speeds across 29 cities including Metros
• VIL records highest improvement in video experience; Tops in 24 cities across, No. 2 in 16
• VIL ranks No.1 in 4G voice app experience
Meerut : As per the latest biannual mobile network experience report by OpenSignal, Vodafone Idea Limited has emerged as the leader across key parameters such as Download speed, Upload speed and Video experience.
With 91% Districts in India already integrated, the strength of the integrated network and combined spectrum assets under Vodafone Idea TurboNet 4G have already started showing marked improvements across major markets in India.
OpenSignal’s April ’20 report analyses data speed and experience across 48 cities versus 42 in the previous edition. VIL has shown highest improvement in city ranks on various parameters, as compared to any other operator in India.
- With 4G Download speed of 10.8 Mbps (a 52.1% improvement) for Brand Vodafone and 10.3 Mbps for Brand Idea (an improvement of 56.1%) – as compared to just 15.9% increase for the next best operator, in April ’20 report vis-à-vis April ’19 report – VIL ranks No. 1 in Download speeds across 32 major cities including Metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and others. The operator is a close second in 12 other cities.
- Vodafone Idea also took the Numero Uno position in terms of Upload speeds across 29 out of 48 cities. Once again, Vodafone Idea recorded highest upload speed in major cities and metros including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh etc. VIL has been the consistent leader in upload speed as per test reports by other major testing agencies including TRAI MySpeed.
- In 4G video experience – a very important network experience indicator – Vodafone Idea again took the top position with Brand Vodafone showing improvement of 30% YoY and Brand Idea 21.4%. The operator leads in 24 out of the 48 cities benchmarked in this study and ranked No. 2 in 16 cities.
- In 4G Voice App Experience – a parameter added in this edition of the report – Vodafone Idea ranks No : 1
Vodafone Idea is committed to serving its customers even during the current pandemic. The world’s largest network integration and capacity enhancement through deployment of latest technologies has helped VIL to cater to the increased demand ever since customers have taken to measures of social distancing and work from home. VIL has ensured uninterrupted services and the teams are putting best efforts to ensure all service touchpoints are accessible to its customers to stay connected digitally via My Vodafone and My Idea Apps.
Vodafone Idea TurboNet 4G delivering faster download, upload speeds and better video experience is also enabling its customers to access a whole range of new digital infotainment content on Vodafone Play and Idea Movies & TV apps.