· The HUAWEI India Community will be one of the official platforms for participants to submit entries as Organizers across the world are confident about India’s potential in photography; optimistic about world class entries · 5 Champions from HUAWEI India community stand a chance to go directly to the final round and will be crowned Photography masters at the India future
· The HUAWEI India Community will be one of the official platforms for participants to submit entries as Organizers across the world are confident about India’s potential in photography; optimistic about world class entries
· 5 Champions from HUAWEI India community stand a chance to go directly to the final round and will be crowned Photography masters at the India future photography program
· 20 exceedingly appreciated unique entries in the HUAWEI India community stand a chance to win a HUAWEI FreeLace and Special Avatar Badge in the community.
· The entries can only be captured with a Huawei or Honor device, and may only have been graphically edited using a Huawei or Honor phone
· HUAWEI has invited some of the world’s leading photography experts to select the winners of its NEXT-IMAGE Awards 2020, with world-leaders such as Steve McCurry, Elizaveta Porodina, Reuben Krabbe & Karolina Henke to be amongst the panellists. This is the ultimate platform for Photography enthusiasts
New Delhi: HUAWEI, the world’s leading technology company, today invites its community of millions to create and share their most uplifting and inspirational images as part of NEXT-IMAGE 2020, the world’s biggest smartphone photography and video competition. Turning it in to a celebration of the positive power of creativity, Huawei will share the joy far and wide – as well as offering prizes for the most creative captures – hoping to bring the world together, even when they are apart.
“It’s time for new creators across the world to make their next image matter and use their creative skills to capture and share their most joyful inspiring images from wherever they are. Join us in our mission to use the positive power of creativity to bring the world together, even when we are apart.” Andrew Garrihy said, the global chief brand officer of HUAWEI Consumer Business.
Open to Huawei owners, HUAWEI NEXT-IMAGE 2020 will offer amateur smartphone photographers and visual storytellers who share their uplifting images, over 70 chances to win cash prizes of up to $10,000, with the most powerful images selected by a collection of the world’s leading photography experts.
The community (Indian site) will select 5 entries*4 (1 for each category) to submit to the contest committee for the next round of evaluation. Once selected, the community admin will contact the candidate through the community private messages. Only candidates 18 and above are allowed to participate. The entries can only be captured with a Huawei or Honor device, and may only have been graphically edited using a Huawei or Honor phone (editing on third-party applications is accepted). One participant can submit no more than 30 entries at total.
To participate in the Next-Image Awards 2020 in the Huawei Community sub-arena, one must log in or sign up with his/her Huawei ID to become one of the community users. The residents of the State of Tamil Nadu shall not be entitled to participate in this Contest in view of the provisions of the Tamil Nadu Prize Scheme (Prohibition) Act, 1979, and in all such states where it is specifically prohibited by law.
The Huawei Community (including its local sites) will be one of the official platforms for participants to submit entries. The submissions on the community are equally effective as they are on the Next-Image official website and any other Next-Image sub-arenas, so repeated submissions on multiple platforms will bring no edge to participation. The 5 Huawei Community India Champions will be directly shortlisted in the final stage/ India community team has the power to push 5 participants directly to the last stage. 20 Special Mentions (which have most likes in community) will also get the gratification including FreeLace and Special Avatar Badge in community. 5 Champions will enter the Huawei Community India future photography program as Photography Master, and 20 special mentions will join this program as Official Photographer.
Upto 3 grand prizes of USD $10,000 each, each of the 6 categories will have its own winners. Fifty runner ups can also win the flagship Huawei P40 Pro smartphone each.(8GB + 256 GB) along with an E certificate. The competition commences from 8th April and the deadline for submitting entries is 24:00 Beijing Standard Time (GMT +8) on 31st July, 2020.
Six categories to celebrate the beauty and positive power of creativity
HUAWEI has introduced video and storytelling categories to recognise how modern media formats can help users to create new, unique and powerful narratives.
HUAWEI is encouraging entrants to explore different perspectives to discover the diversity and beauty of life, with six distinct categories.
· Near Far: Use your smartphone camera to capture hidden gems and different perspectives – whether you’re inside or out.
· Good Night: Capture fun moments at night or in a low light environment. Reflect the atmosphere of the moment and get creative.
· Hello, Life! A picture is worth a thousand words – so capture and share the emotion or inspiration you take from your everyday.
· Faces: Experiment with identity and the power of portrait photography. Capture the faces of those closest to you.
· Storyteller: Use a set of photos to express emotions to tell your personal story. Story must include 3-9 images.
Paying tribute to every wonderful moment
HUAWEI NEXT-IMAGE Awards 2020 encourages mobile photography enthusiasts to create freely – whenever and wherever they are. Capturing artistic inspiration and sharing the beauty of life, participants also have many chances to win incredible rewards, including HUAWEI’s latest flagship device, the HUAWEI P40 Pro.
NEXT-IMAGE is the world’s largest smartphone photography and videography competition, and it received over 520,000 entries last year alone.
Winners decided by the best in the business
HUAWEI has invited some of the world’s leading photography experts to select the winners of its NEXT-IMAGE Awards 2020, with world-leaders across a variety of photography styles represented.
· Steve McCurry is a winner of numerous awards including the Robert Capa Medal, the National Press Photographer’s Award, and four Jose Awards. A knight of French culture and art, McCurry’s photographed entitled “Afghanistan Girl” has become one of the most iconic and powerful works in the history of photography.
· Elizaveta Porodina, is a renowned fashion portrait photographer from Russia. A leading light in experimental fashion and fine art photography, Porodina’s work is famous for its use of alternative shapes and eye-catching colours.
· Reuben Krabbe is a Canadian extreme sports photographer, who uses creative photography techniques to display polarised styles and subjects such as solar eclipses. Krabbe will add energy and new possibilities to the judging panel.
· Karolina Henke is a well-known Swedish photographer with a unique visual narrative and artistic identity. Henke has an esteemed standing in field of international fashion and art photography.
Andrew Garrihy, the global chief brand officer of HUAWEI Consumer Business, and Li Changzhu, vice minister of consumer strategy marketing department of HUAWEI CBG will also help to select the winning entries.
For more information on NEXT-IMAGE 2020 and how to enter, please visit the official website of the tournament (https://gallery.consumer.HUAWEI.com).