New Delhi. The Delhi edition of Tourism Festival 2019 concluded in New Delhi today. During this five-day festival, the entire Rajpath lawns and Rafi Marg came alive with dance, music and colorful cultural performances from different parts of the country. This was the third edition of the festival. The purpose of this festival is to
New Delhi. The Delhi edition of Tourism Festival 2019 concluded in New Delhi today. During this five-day festival, the entire Rajpath lawns and Rafi Marg came alive with dance, music and colorful cultural performances from different parts of the country. This was the third edition of the festival. The purpose of this festival is to promote the message of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’, with the objective of encouraging Indians to visit various tourist destinations in the country and to spread the message of ‘Tourism for all’. This year’s tourism festival is dedicated to celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The Nationwide Tourism Festival 2019 will continue till 13 October 2019. On the occasion of the festival of tourism in Delhi, 31 pavilions of states and union territories as well as central government ministries were set up. There were also 59 food stalls representing cuisines across the country. The multi-media exhibition organized by the Bureau of Outreach Communication of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi was one of the major attractions of this tourism festival.
On this occasion, live food kitchens showcased the recipes of some of the major traditional cuisines of the states. In view of the festival of Navratri, about 18 ‘Satvik Food’ stalls were also set up keeping in mind the choice of all types of visitors.
According to a rough estimate, more than 2.5 lakh people visited the festival. Heavy crowds were observed on all five days, especially during weekends. The National Tourism Advisory Council (NTAC) also met on 4 October 2019 under the chairmanship of Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel during the tourism festival.
Earlier, Parylad Singh Patel, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel and Minister of State for Tourism and Culture (Independent Charge), Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the tourism festival on 02 October 2019.
Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel has said that Tourism festival is a multicultural platform to bring out the grand diversity of the country and inspire people to get to know different parts of their country. He urged people to explore places of relatively less interest to tourists, this would help the local economy and provide employment to the youth. Some of the major attractions of the tourist festival are: –
States, North East Council, IHM, Food Court including stalls of National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI)
Crafts market with handicrafts, handlooms and master croft persons established by the States and Union Territories, North East Council, Ministry of Textiles (DC-Handicrafts and DC-Handlooms)
- Theme pavilions of states and union territories to showcase their tourist destinations and products
- Presentation of armed forces bands
- Cultural presentations by states / UTs
- Cultural performance under the dance direction of North Zone Cultural Center
- Live cooking presentations in the kitchen studio
- Yoga performances and presentations by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, Ministry of AYUSH
- Digital Exhibition and Cultural Program on ‘150 Years of Celebrating Mahatma’ by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting,
- Khadi Village Industry Pavilion with Khadi Products
- For promotion of philately by the Department of Posts:
- My stamp counter
- Sale of postage stamps
- Sale of accessories
- Theme Pavilion highlighting 150 years of ‘Cleanliness’ and Mahatma Gandhi by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission (SPMRM), Ministry of Rural Development glimpse of tourism focused development in rural clusters
- Demonstration and promotion of road safety measures by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Consumer Awareness Department promotes consumer awareness
- Other attractions: Mehndi, magic, puppet shows, karaoke, selfie points, bioscopes, etc.
Participating States / Union Territories
Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh.