Over 2,000 school students pledge to make Bikaner roads safer!
Bikaner : Contributing towards building a collision-free India on roads tomorrow, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.’s (HMSI) brought its National Road Safety Awareness program to Bikaner and sensitized more than 2,000 students of Baldev Public Senior Secondary School, Ramesh English School and RSV Senior Secondary School.
Spread over 3 days, Honda’s National Road Safety Awareness program covered important topics of traffic rules & road discipline to help school children grow up to be a law-abiding citizen. Since the national flag-off of this social responsibility program a year ago, Honda 2Wheelers India has educated more than 5.2 Lac school & college students in over 140 cities on road safety.
Speaking on Honda’s commitment towards sensitizing kids on road safety, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President – Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Safety is Honda’s top priority. As a responsible corporate in the mobility business, we are pro-actively inculcating safe riding habits in the society. The National Road Safety Awareness initiative is a step towards transforming children of today and safer future for tomorrow. At Honda, we are delighted to reach over 2,000 young students of Bikaner who have not only taken safety pledge themselves but will further spread the message as road safety ambassadors to their families too.”
Honda’s National Road Safety Awareness program made learning fun yet scientific through:
- INTERACTIVE SESSION: Honda’s specially trained road safety instructors educated children about the do’s and don’ts while commuting in a school bus and cycling.
- PRACTICAL LEARNING: 9 to 12 year olds learnt how to ride their cycle safely, or as a pillion on two-wheeler and importance of safety gear on roads. To make this learning more practical and fun, children got to learn on the specially imported CRF50 motorcycles.
- SCIENTIFIC THEORY LEARNING MODULE: Safety riding theory session was conducted for the kids of 13-17 years as well as teachers.
- SPECIAL RIDER TRAINING ACTIVITY: For 16+ year children, special rider training activity was executed under the guidance of Honda’s trained safety instructors.
- LEARNING BECAME FUN Honda also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis so that young school children learn about safe riding a fun way. 4 to 5 year olds were taught the basic do’s and don’ts on road usage by pictures and comics.
Honda’s CSR commitment towards Road Safety:
As a socially responsible corporate, Honda is actively contributing to spread road safety awareness has educated over 3.70 Lac people in Rajasthan through its regular activities at Traffic Training Parks and awareness camps in schools, colleges, corporates and societies.
Sensitizing people of all age groups, Honda has made 33 lac Indians aware on road safety. Honda’s safety riding and training programmes held daily at its 14 adopted traffic parks across India (Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Yeola, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Trichy, Karnal, Thane & 2 in Delhi). Honda also provide training to learner license applicants at its 4 traffic parks (Karnal, Bhubaneswar, Trichy & Coimbatore) & 4 Safety Driving Education Centres (Una, Ranchi, Kozhikode & Vijayawada).