New Delhi: The ‘New Education Policy 2020’ has got the green signal of the Narendra Modi government. Union ministers Prakash Javadekar and Ramesh Pokhriyal have given information about this education policy. The Union Cabinet has approved the new education policy on Wednesday. Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said that the new education policy of the 21st
New Delhi: The ‘New Education Policy 2020’ has got the green signal of the Narendra Modi government. Union ministers Prakash Javadekar and Ramesh Pokhriyal have given information about this education policy. The Union Cabinet has approved the new education policy on Wednesday.
Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said that the new education policy of the 21st century was approved in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This is extremely important as there was no change in education policy for 34 years.
With this, he said that I hope that the countrymen will welcome it. The government has made many important changes in view of today’s needs under this education policy.
Under this new policy, the government has decided that now after a 4-year degree program again MA, students will be able to do PhD directly without doing MPhill.
Learn 10 important things related to the new education policy-
- Ministry of Human Resource Development has been renamed as Ministry of Education.
- Under the new National Education Policy approved by the Union Cabinet, MPhil courses will be closed.
- Many proposals for board examinations are in the new education policy. The importance of board examinations will be reduced. Real knowledge will be tested in this. The mother tongue will be made the medium of instruction up to class 5. The report card will contain everything.
- We currently have different rules for deemed universities, central universities and standalone institutions. The rules will be the same for all under the new education policy.
- There are 45,000 colleges in the country. The colleges will be given administrative, academic and financial attorneys under graded attorneys.
- E-courses will be started in regional languages. Virtual Labs will be developed. A National Educational Scientific Forum (NETF) will be started.
- Many improvements have been made in higher education. Improvements include graded academic, administrative and financial attorneys.
- Government had formed 2 committees regarding education policy. One TSR Subramanian Committee and the other Dr. K Kasturi Rangan Committee were formed. The central government has taken their suggestions into consideration in the new education policy.
- By 2035 the gross enrollment ratio will be 50% in higher education. Such is the estimate of the Central Government and keeping this in mind, this policy is being prepared.
- Advice was taken on a large scale for this education policy. 2.5 lakh gram panchayats, 6600 blocks, 676 districts have been consulted.
- Under the new education policy, if a student wants to take another course in the middle of a course, then he can take a break for a limited time from the first course.